This Puppy Foundation Course, is for puppies from the age of 12 weeks to 21 weeks old. This is a popular course so early booking is advised.
On this course we teach you how to train your puppy the basic requirements for good manners, and all training in class is with positive & reward based methods, as the course progresses we teach you how to “wean” off food treats and show you how to still “reward” your dog with toys, and praise, so training is still fun.
We also teach you how to socialise your puppy correctly, so your puppy grows into a confident dog.
This is a structured 6 week course so you will learn something new every week. We teach your puppy important life skills that are required for them to be a well mannered, member of your family.
Everything you learn in class will be relevant to your every day life, we teach your puppy to focus on you, whilst there are distractions around them, to sit and stay, so you can happily open doors and know your puppy will not run out, to leave items, to drop items that they have pinched, and much more.
The commands you learn on this course, are also put into games, & exercises, so you can still have fun whilst training your puppy.
At the start of each new class, we always revise the commands you learnt the previous week, just to see how you are doing, and if you are having any problems.
Our aim is to make training enjoyable for both you and your dog.
This course is for dogs with sound temperament .If your dog barks at other dogs, or is not comfortable with other dogs around them, then a class situation may make your dog stressed, and you may be more suited to 1-2-1- Home Training session, where your dog can be trained in more familiar surroundings.
All puppies must have an up to date current vaccination certificate which must be brought to class at the first lesson.
We tailor our classes to suit the needs of all attendees. Therefore, this course and its contents may differ slightly, to the above, this is to make sure we give you what you want from the class.
The commands you will learn on the Puppy Foundation Course are…
- Getting your puppy to focus on you, with and without distractions.
- Learn the Sit, Stand, & Down commands.
- The “Stay” command.
- Sit, Down & Stay sequence.
- “Leave & Drop” Commands.
- Puppy Recall.
- To walk nicely on a loose lead.
- Socialising with other dogs and people.
- Meet “n” Greet.
- Controlled Greetings.
- You will also learn…
- Housetraining Issues.?… We can help..
- How to stop your puppy biting/mouthing.
- Why use food to train your dog. ?. & When to faze out food rewards.
- For your puppy to enjoy being handled by people for health checks.
- To stop your puppy from Jumping up.
- What is puppy socialisation.? & how to socialise your puppy correctly.
- How to exercise your puppy correctly.
- How to give your puppy mental stimulation.
- Adolescence and how to deal with it.
- Being a responsible dog owner.
- Your Dog and the Law.
- Care & Responsibility of your Puppy.
- A Welcome pack, will be given to you at the start of this course, which includes training hand-outs to help you through the course.
- A “Puppy Foundation” Course, Certificate of Completion, & Rosette will be awarded to those who complete the course.
Help & advice always available via Email or telephone.
Class numbers are restricted as this enables the trainer to provide a more personal level of training.
All Courses adhere to the ADTB code of practice. Fully Insured instructor.
To book a place on this course call Kathryn on 01257 450432 07398 282898 so a Reservation Form can be sent to you.
This course is suitable for puppies from 12 weeks up to 21 weeks. Price for this 6 week course is £65.